Chef V tip: For more protein, add 1 pound chopped grilled chicken. This is a great side or a meal in itself.
• 1 pound mixed veggies (use your favs!), lightly salted
• ½ cup diced yellow onion
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided use
• 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 2 tablespoons raw coconut aminos, divided (I like Coconut Secret®)
• ½ cup pineapple, diced
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Serves 2 – Spray a grill or grill pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Cook veggies for 3-5 minutes per side, until done. Remove from grill, cut into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
Sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic, remaining oil, and cooked rice. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then stir in 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos. Continue to cook for 1 more minute. Slowly stir in the remaining coconut aminos, diced pineapple, and grilled veggies. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and red pepper flakes, if desired. Remove from heat, plate, and serve hot.