Chef V’s tip: This is my gluten-free, dairy-free version of macaroni and cheese with variations for those following a FODMAP IBS diet. – Veronica
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 1/2 cup Chef V’s Raw Nut Milk
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice elbow pasta
- Freshly ground pepper, optional
Bring the 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and cook the butternut squash for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft.
Process the cooked squash, nut milk, garlic (sub garlic for nutritional yeast for IBS version), cashews, lemon juice, and salt in a Vitamix until smooth.
Combine the ‘cheese’ sauce and cooked pasta, season with black pepper if desired, and serve.